BS, MS, Mathematics, Drexel University; AM, PhD, Biostatistics, Harvard University
Dr. Tabb is a Drexel University alumna. She received her PhD and AM degrees in Biostatistics from Harvard University. Dr. Tabb also received a MS and BS in Mathematics from Drexel University. Her research focuses on spatial statistics and epidemiology with applications in health disparities, violence, and toxicity studies. More recently, Dr. Tabb has been interested in examining the spatial and spatio-temporal relationship of alcohol-related violence in urban settings.
- Bayesian methods
- GIS-based spatial analyses
- Spatial and spatio-temporal epidemiology
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Zero-inflation in count data
- Survival analysis
Tabb, L. P., Zhao, W., Huang, J., Rosen, G. L. Characterizing the Empirical Distribution of Prokaryotic Genome n-mers in the Presence of Nullomers (2014). Journal of Computational Biology. 21(10): 732-740.
Mhatre, S. D., Michelson, S. J., Gomes, J., Tabb, L. P., Saunders, A. J., Marenda, D. R. Development and characterization of an aged onset model of Alzheimer's disease in Drosophila melanogaster (2014). Experimental Neurology. 261: 772-781.
Rosso, A. L., Tabb, L. P., Grubesic, T. H., Taylor, J. A., Michael, Y. L. Neighborhood Social Capital and Achieved Mobility of Older Adults (2014) Journal of Health and Aging. 26(8): 1301-1319.
Jain, A., Spencer, D., Yang, W., Kelly, J. P., Newscha_er, C. J., Johnson, J., Marshall, J., Azocar, F., Tabb, L. P., Dennen, T. Injuries among children with autism spectrum disorder (2014). Academic Pediatrics. 14(4) : 390-397.
Kumar, N. S., Chin, M., O'Neill, C., Jakoi, A. M., Tabb, L., Wolf, M. On-field performance of National Football League players after return from concussion (2014). The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 42(9):2050-2055.
Khalsa, A. S., Toossi, N., Tabb, L. P., Amin, N. H., Donohue, K. W., Cerynik, D. L. Distal tibia fractures: locked or non-locked plating? A systematic review of outcomes (2014)Acta Orthopaedica. 85(3): 1-6.
Bowleg, L., Neilands, T. B., Tabb, L. P., Burkholder, G. J., Malebranche, D. J., Tschann, J. M. Neighborhood Context and Black Heterosexual Men’s Sexual HIV Risk Behaviors (2014). AIDS and Behavior. 18(11): 2207-2218.
Grubesic, T. H., Pridemore, W. A., Williams, D. A., Tabb, L. P. Alcohol Outlet Density and Violence: The Role of Risky Retailers and Alcohol-Related Expenditures (2013) Alcohol and Alcoholism. 48(5): 613-619.
Rosso, A. L., Taylor, J. A., Tabb, L. P., Michael, Y. L. Mobility, Disability, and Social Engagement in Older Adults (2013) Journal of Health and Aging. 25(4): 617-637.
Grubesic, T. H., Murray, A. T., Pridemore, W. A., Tabb, L. P., Liu, Y., & Wei, R. (2012). Alcohol beverage control, privatization and the geographic distribution of alcohol outlets. BMC public health, 12(1), 1015.
Complete List of Published Work in MyBibliography
Klassen, A.C., Curriero, F., Tabb, L.P., Carroll-Scott, A. (2014). Spatial Analysis of Communities. In Jessica G. Burke & Steven M. Albert (Eds.), Methods for Community Health Research: Integrated and Engaged Approaches (pp. 19-44). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
Recent Sponsored Research:
Examining the Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Relationship of Alcohol Outlets and Violence in Urban Settings Before and After Privatization (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Principle Investigator)
Expanding the Evidence of Healing Hurt People (Annie E. Casey Foundation, Co-Investigator)
Opening the Doors for Diverse Populations to Science Education (NIH/NIMHD, Teaching Faculty and Advisor)
Collaborative Research: Spatial Cluster Detection Based on Contiguity (NSF, Co-Investigator)
ATD: Improving Analysis of Microbial Mixtures through Sparse Reconstruction Algorithms and Statistical Inference (NSF, Co-Investigator)
Recent Student Projects:
Doctoral (Committee Member):
- Fetal Testosterone and Early Autism Spectrum Disorder Related Neurodevelopment Outcomes
- Mobility in Older Adults: Relation to Social and Physical Environment
- Epidemiology of HIV-1 and Hepatitis Virus Co-Infection: Distribution and Pathogenesis in an Urban Clinic Population
- Empiric Antibiotic Prescribing and Outcomes in Children Hospitalized with Community Acquired Pneumonia
Masters (MS, Advisor and/or Preceptor):
- Initiative 1183: Does Privatization Affect the Relationship Between Alcohol Outlets and Violence?
- Devising a Bayesian Criteria for Monitoring Safety in Clinical Trials: Application to Osteoporosis Study
- Effect of Age of Initial Licensure on Crash Risk for New Jersey Novice Drivers
- Counting Process Cox PH Model: A Novel Method for Analyzing Thrombosis-Free Access Survival in Hemodialysis Patients
- Preoperative Delays for Breast Cancer Patients in the National Cancer Database
- The Incidence of Parkinson’s Disease in Warfarin Users
Masters (MPH, Advisor):
- Longitudinal Associations Between Neighborhood Amenities and Mobility in Older Adults
- Local No. 22 Philadelphia Firefighter and Paramedic Union: A Secondary Analysis of Member Injuries, Civilian Injuries, and Fire Incidence Reports
- Factors Associated with Being Clear or Almost Clear of Psoriasis in Patients Receiving Adalimumab, Etanercept, or Methotrexate as Part of Routine Clinical Care