For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Scholarships, Tuition and Financial Aid

students at commencement 2012

Drexel University makes every effort to ensure that current students and applicants receive as much financial assistance as possible through merit-based scholarships, grants and student loans. Additionally, students can apply for scholarships available through various companies and public health-related agencies. For more information, please click here.

Students enrolled full-time in the doctoral programs typically receive some type of tuition funding and/or stipend.


Full-time MPH students are considered for scholarships based upon academic merit, financial need and fit with the School of Public Health. If admitted to the program, applicants will be sent supplemental information on applying for scholarships. Approximately 50% of the incoming class is awarded some type of scholarship each year. MS applicants should contact the department directly to learn more about scholarship opportunities. 

The School of Public Health offers a full tuition scholarship for highly qualified applicants to the full-time MPH program, the Health and Human Rights Scholarship. Please visit the Health and Human Rights Scholarship website for more information.

The Joseph C. Tringali Memorial Scholarship was established to reflect the values of the man for whom it is named, and is awarded each year to a 2nd year student pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at the School of Public Health with an interest in maternal and child health.

Drexel University is also pleased to partner with City Year to offer a 25% annual scholarship for both the full-time and Executive Master’s in Public Health (MPH) programs. Find out more.

Teaching and Research Assistants

Full-time doctoral students serve as teaching and/or research assistants as part of their tuition funding and stipend.

Once enrolled in the program, many full-time MPH and MS students will work on a part-time basis as research assistants for faculty members or for research centers at the School of Public Health and throughout the University. Second-year MPH students are eligible to be teaching assistants for first-year MPH courses. These positions are paid on an hourly basis, and given to students in good academic standing. Students will also work in such departments as athletics and recreation and the library.

Tuition for 2014-15 Academic Year

Please click here for current tuition rates and fees.

Financial Aid

Drexel Central is the university’s one-stop office for student billing, financial aid and registration. Drexel Central provides students with information about the different types of financial aid available, such as scholarships, grants and loans, as well as other financing options students can choose from. For more information, please contact Drexel Central at or call 215.895.1600. For more information on fellowships, please visit the Drexel Fellowships Office website at