Student Government Organization
Current SGO members:
MPH Class of 2015
This organization represents all students within the School of Public Health, serving their needs in a variety of capacities. The organization also provides opportunities for meaningful contributions to and engagement in the field of public health.
The Purpose of the Organization is to:
All students of the Drexel University School of Public Health shall become members of the Student Government Organization upon enrollment.
- Provide opportunities for meaningful contributions to and engagement in the field and discipline of public health
- Promote and represent the rights, concerns, and interests of students in matters involving student-faculty and student-administration relations
- Regulate the aspects of student activities delegated to the Student Government Organization by the faculty and administration
- Develop and promote interest and pride in the school and uphold the school's and university’s academic standards
- Act as a channel of communication and cooperation between and among the students, faculty, and administration concerning the opinions and attitudes of the student body in order to achieve mutual agreement toward the advancement of the school
- Support aspects of collaboration amongst the students, faculty, administration and community by promoting intellectual, professional and social development and civic engagement
- Promote matters, which may aid in the planning, supervising, and coordination of student activities in accordance with school and university regulations.